How can I show the find criteria that were used

joegez

This topic is 8474 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Use [FMP-CurrentFind]

"Repeats the HTML between [FMP-CurrentFind] and [/FMP-CurrentFind] for each find criteria that was part of the request that created this page."

Sorry - thought this was in the CDML section...

[This message has been edited by dspires (edited February 01, 2001).]

How complicated is the Find that you are trying to do? If it is as simple as finding say a name then use a script to go to a layout to input the find criteria. Click on a button to Resume the script and then once the found has taken place set the global field gCriteria to equal the Name field

Go to Layout [FIND]

Enter Find Mode [Pause]

Perform Find[]

Go to Layout [MAIN]

Set Field [gCriteria, Name]

You might also want to allow for the situation where no records are found.

Hope this helps.

I am trying to accommodate users who will be able to do a find using a layout with approximately 30 fields. They would have no limitations imposed about the types of finds they could construct. I would like them to be able to view the find criteria when they see the outcomes of the finds.

I think I chasing this topic on two different threads! I'll repeat what I posted to your similar question. (multiple posting the same question doesn't really improve your chances of an answer! wink.gif)

The usual way to approach this is to have the user enter find requests into global fields in Browse mode. Then the informatin is already available for display, use in report titles, etc. The script transfers to Find mode and fills the actual request fields. With creative scripting you can implement everything that you can enter in find mode with this approach.

-bd

[This message has been edited by LiveOak (edited February 02, 2001).]

This topic is 8474 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.