Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Transfering files from a workgroup to a domain

pigslow

This topic is 6709 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am not sure it this is where the problem lies but let me explain.

My filemaker 7 server is running on 2003 server at a remote location. Their network uses a workgroup to share files.

I have another 2003 server at my location that I want to have files transfered over via a VPN. We have a domain in my location.

I found a zip utility that names the zip file as a timestamp. Using the Microsoft scheduler I execute a batch file that starts the zip utility to create the zip file of my filemaker backup.

The next batch file is then executed by the scheduler to copy that zipped file to my local server.

The last batch file then executed to move the origonal file to a safe location on the remote filemaker server so it does not get picked up on the following days transfer.

If I use Microsoft remote desktop connection all of these scripts work when executed manually.

If I stay connected to the remote server and just let the scheduler execute the batch files it works that way too.

If I log off from my remote connection the scheduler executes all 3 batch files at the designated time but the file transfer from the remote to local server does not happen.

What am I missing?

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

Two things to check:

- are you using a mapped drive for the remote network location to copy the files to? If so, then that mapped drive is not available with nobody logged on. Use the UNC syntax of the remote share instead of a mapped drive letter

- make sure the account you specified in the Windows Task scheduler for the 3rd schedule has sufficient rights to access that remote share.

My filemaker 7 server is running on 2003 server at a remote location. Their network uses a workgroup to share files.

I hope this does not mean that users locate and open the FM files through an OS share. That will corrupt your files in the long run. They need to use FileMaker's "open remote" command to open a hosted file.

This topic is 6709 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.