Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Has anyone used Filemakerpro to keep track of IT help desk tickets?

This topic is 6816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not aware of any HelpDesk system for version 7, but my company is using an older one for V6. It's published by Simply Amazing Software. They no longer support the FileMaker version, but the program is still available for download at

http://www.download.com/HelpDesk-Pro/3000-2064_4-10253565.html?tag=lst-0-1

It's a good system, and you should be able to tweek it to your needs. Hope that helps!

Clarissa:

One of the consultancies I work with has a help-desk job ticketing system using FMP7, which all their techs access via their web browsers - it's published on the web via IWP. It's pretty nifty, and if they'll let me, I'll do a screen-grab of the main page for you, so you can get an idea.

-Stanley

Clarissa:

The consultancy I mentioned was unwilling to let me do a screen grab of their ticketing system, so I can't help there. I had a look at IT Journal Lite (which grumbachr mentioned) and it appears to be the kind of thing you were after. Also, as it is open source, you'd be able to modify it to suit your needs.

-Stanley

• Newbies

Hi. I have worked at CSU Los Angeles and developed (with my coworker) a File Maker help desk solution that has branched out to software license management, student employee management, and hardware management. Email me at [email protected] and we'll work to get something out to you. I can probably take our alhelp.fp7 (help ticket tracking) and send you a copy with just a few records. Since you are also a csu you might not need any of the advanced features offered by it-journal for pay. Further, you would be free to make changes and modify the Arts & Letters database for your own needs.

This topic is 6816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.