Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem modifying a Shared File

This topic is 6805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

My database has suddenly started not letting me modify any records upon opening a file as the host (although the file is located on my colleague's computer). It works fine and I can modify records when he is the host and I am the guest however.

The weirdness really is that it never used to do this until a couple of months ago - and we have been sharing it without problems for the last 2 years...

Any solutions to this problem would be gratefully received as I now have to wait to do anything on the database until he comes in in the morning (and he is often quite late - and I don't have a key to his office...).

Thanks in advance

Charlotte

Never ever use OS level filesharing, filemaker uses a propritarian sharing system, that if deployed with OS level filesharing are likely to cause corruption of data. Ideally should the filesharing be turned off from the folders filemaker resides in as well as the folder where the solution resides.

Deside which of you should be server for the group, which is most likely to be the mac/pc where the solution reside - since noone else are abel to see it, if it aint served. The way to open a served solution is to use the menu point "Open Remote"

--sd

This topic is 6805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.