Faxing from Multiple DB

Immanuel

This topic is 6789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey all!

I have a serious Problem running at my office.

we have currently 2 DBs installed using FMP 6 and OSX Tiger.

first: Adress Contact Information etc

second: Billing Accounting Internals etc.

What i would like to do or get somehow is to automatically send a Fax out from the second DB using the Adress info from first DB.

There is an unique ID through the client number in both DBs.

So the Software would have to recognize the Client ID # from the 2nd DB go to the first DB look the ID up; add the Adress infos (name; adress; fax number) and than merge it together and send it out as a fax...

Anyone here knows of a possible Solution for me?

regards Immanuel

p.s.:) please excuse my english or better said the lack of any english skills at all =)

i promise i could do better in german and still hope you understood what i need =)

It seems this is partly a FileMaker relationship question. If there is a relationship between the unique IDs between the files (from the 2nd to the 1st anyway) you could create an unstored calculation in the 2nd file,

_cClientName = Client ID relationship::Name

_cClientAddress = Client ID relationship::Address

Then use those local fields for the fax software. I imagine there is Apple built-in fax software, which is accessible via AppleScript, but I've not used it, so can't really say how. Look in the Apple Help, or on their web site.

There is another inexpensive shareware application, PageSender, which gets good reviews and has more features. It comes with AppleScript example files I think.

http://www.smileonmymac.com/pagesender/index.html

(P.S. AppleScript doesn't really require that the related fields be defined locally as calculations. It can read the related field Client ID relationship::Name, as long as it's on the specified layout. Either way works.)

This topic is 6789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.