Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tiger crashing FM Pro 6

This topic is 6809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I just upgraded to Tiger and as soon as I go into layout mode and choose the menu choice "field formatting" or "field borders" the program crashes.

Tested the same database on FM Pro 7 on Tiger and the same crash is happening.

Same database on Panther 10.3.9 functions without problem. Can´t find any postings on this and would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forums!

Since both versions of FileMaker crash, I suspect the problem is in your system. Are you positive that this file will currently open in FileMaker on another Mac/PC? If not, the file may be corrupt.

First, make sure every user-installed login item, preference pane, device driver (e.g. Kensington MouseWorks), etc. is updated to a Tiger compaitble version. Next, run Disk Utility and Repair Permissions for the root harddrive. If this doesn't work, try using a cache cleaner to get rid of all the caches (immediately restart). If that doesn't work, create a new account and try running the file from it. If it works, there's probably a bad preference. If not, write back for more suggestions.

I just read this the other day, but I don't have first hand experience with it.

Apparently if you have uninstalled Fonts on a Machine. FileMaker will crash. I seems to need the basic Fonts to run.

HTH

Lee

• Newbies

Many, many thanks.

It was the font issue and I reinstalled the basic fonts using this list as a guide http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301332

I got in the habit of pulling out all my unused system fonts from the System Library Fonts folder to avoid organizing them over and over. I´ve experienced that crashing with some Microsoft office programs and Iphoto after removing some system fonts but with Panther I only pulled all the unused Japanese and Chinese fonts out and it was not a problem for any applications.

Fortunately the Font book program is another step improved with Tiger so I will make use of it.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.