Server Maintenance This Week. ×

1-n relationship, only one shown in n

Ferrosti

This topic is 8628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi folks!

I need to design a DB which allows an administrator to easily see what kind of hardware and software is installed on all of the computers in his office. I therefor created four files: (1)Station, (n)Computer, (n)Hardware, (n)Software; where (n) are the files containing the details for Station. I have three 1-n relations set, which seem to be correct. The only problem is that I get all the hardware which is used on the Station, but only one softwaredetail. The softwaredetail shows me a different program for the same station if I sort the file. In the Layout the softwaredetailtable is the same as the hardware one. Both tables are put in the Head part in the layout.

All files contain the correct data. The data is imported from a 4D DB so all names for the relationship should be correct. (And I checked it manually)

Sorry about the bad explanation of my problem, but I am working with the german version of FM4, so I am not familar with the english explanations.

quote:

Originally posted by Ferrosti:

Hi folks!

I need to design a DB which allows an administrator to easily see what kind of hardware and software is installed on all of the computers in his office. I therefor created four files: (1)Station, (n)Computer, (n)Hardware, (n)Software; where (n) are the files containing the details for Station. I have three 1-n relations set, which seem to be correct. The only problem is that I get all the hardware which is used on the Station, but only one softwaredetail. The softwaredetail shows me a different program for the same station if I sort the file. In the Layout the softwaredetailtable is the same as the hardware one. Both tables are put in the Head part in the layout.

All files contain the correct data. The data is imported from a 4D DB so all names for the relationship should be correct. (And I checked it manually)

Sorry about the bad explanation of my problem, but I am working with the german version of FM4, so I am not familar with the english explanations.

Since we do not know what your relationships are setup like, I cannot make any comments on the accuracy of them.

The problem that your are describing sounds like it could be that you have the portal setup wrong. Like pointing to the wrong relationship, or displaying fields from the wrong relationship, etc.

Either post more information on your relationships and portals or recreate the software portal.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• Newbies

I got it!

After some mails with Kurt Knippel I think that FMP4 seems to have some bug or something. I now navigate to the portal via scripting using the same relationship and it gives me all details. Putting the portal into the body did not help. Setting up the portal new did not work either.

This topic is 8628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.