Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multi-Row Tab Pannel

This topic is 6795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There is an example in this forum published by Honza that displays multi-row tab panels. However, I found the example less than satisfactory...it requires very small tab labels and is fairly unattractive.

What I did was to create the back row of tab panels, and then cut each tab with Snagit (a screen capture utility), wire the same script to each tab passing it a parameter that tells the script to change to another tab layout, and do a GoTo Field based on the script paramter to select the tab the user chose. It's a little tedious, but not very complicated.

Steve

Thank you for the idea. After my post I began to "re-think" what I wanted. I ended up placing a tab panel inside another tab panel. It provided the structure I was looking for. More of a nested look that will work better for this application.

On a similar note... I can not find a script step that will allo a user to go to a specific tab panel. Is there one that I am missing?

Edited by Guest

No, it was something Filemaker left out (among a whole bunch of other features). You'll need to use the GoTo Field script step, and you'll need a unique field on each tab. I set up a repeating field with one repetition per tab. I made each one 1 pixel by 1 pixel (disallow user entry). There is no other way to go to a particular tab under script control right now, except to the above.

Steve

This topic is 6795 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.