Server Maintenance This Week. ×

remote with airport

This topic is 6788 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I have a network up and running using peer to peer (files on a server) and can access it through a vpn/internet connect fine. That is until I try usung a computer that is connected via airport. A list of the available files doesnt come up.

EDIT:This is is true too for an airport connection which is directly off the local network (and not via internet)

any Ideas?? Thanks

10.4.2 and FM7 (8 doesnt work either)

Edited by Guest

Aussie John->

I've made a few posts recently about how to setup Airports to allow FileMaker traffic through them. The most recent includes this link to a tutorial I wrote: How to Setup Airport Express. Give it a try and let us know if there are still problems.

It's hard to write one tutorial for everyone, this one concentrates on folks who have already got a workign Airport. I have others for virgin Airport Expresses if you want to reset your Airport.

Sam

The Main computer is acting like a router, so there should be a way to configure it. Curiousity got the best of me, I googled lotsa terms and never found a definitive answer. I don't know enough about the ipfw unix software to tell you how to do it. You might try using IPNetRouterX: http://www.sustworks.com/site/prod_ipnrx_overview.html

This topic is 6788 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.