Transferring found set to another related file

OASES

This topic is 8338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The answer is probably yes, but the implementation kind of depends upon what you mean by "transfer". If you mean how to find the records in the related file which are related to the current found set in the master file, there are about a half dozen ways of doing this. The technique used depends upon how may records in the related file we are talking about. The most obvious technique has maximum record limitation.

Then again, you might mean "import" the found set to the related file...

-bd

Thanks for your reply. Basically, this is what I want to do. I have a database of students, volunteers, and donors. I'm trying to create a script that will upgrade the status of the person or group of people (found set), so that a volunteer can eventually be upgraded to donor status. The volunteer and donor information are in separate files that are unrelated to each other but both related to the master "People" file. So when the user runs the script, I want FMP to take the current found set and "import" it into the "People" file, which will house a layout for additional donor information to be inputted. I can work around this by relating the donor, student, and volunteer files to each other, but then I need to make individual layouts in each file for every possible status upgrade, so I was hoping there is an easier way.

This topic is 8338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.