More than one portal in one place

Inky Phil

This topic is 6717 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone have a clever way of displaying more than one portal in any given area (one at a time obviously).

I am trying to show a breakdown of some departmental totals and I only have a limited amount of space lets say 2 square inches.

When I click on any one subtotal I would like to be able to display the breakdown of that subtotal on my 2 sq inches. It strikes me I am going to have to use a different layout for each portal but I wondered if there was any smoke and mirrors I could use to avoid these extra layouts cos that would be really neat.

I have had a go and I have had a search but to no avail.

For a practical demo of what I would like to achieve I attach a stripped down version of my file. A lot of things don't work cos I had to take loads out to the the size down but if you go to layout central, press calculate and then click on the price for material (further up the panel) the breakdown of that price is displayed above. I would love to be able to do the same for all of the prices.

TIA

Phil

Nulookto_total.zip

You have to make a "Tiered Tabel" if you not can afford to upgrade to fm8 that provides tabbed layouts. This means that data is organized in a different way, so you by filtering via the key values shows different views of virtually same table.

Take a look at this video:

http://previews.filemakermagazine.com/videos/513/DataTagging_full.mov

When it comes to suggesting how you implement it in your solution do you have to untangle the relations graph of yours to individual lines or threads following each layout.

--sd

This topic is 6717 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.