Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calculating End time of appointment

This topic is 6716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having weird results in what should be a simple calculation. I have a start time field which is a simple edit box time field. The end time field is a calculation the result of start time + default appointment time (a related time field based on the name of the appointment in another table) + adjust time, a field to allow for appointments which are different from the default. Some records calculate properly and some do not. It seems independent of the appointment selected, for instance tomorrow I have a 3 to 3:45 appointment which properly calculates. But the 4 to 4:45 appointment calculates as 4 to 5. Some 20 minute appointments calculate as an hour also. A 2.5 hour long appointment calculates as 0 time, end time same as start. I have entered all the default appointment times as 00:45 for 45 minutes or 02:30 for the 2 and a half hour appointment and so on. Helllllp please?

Well, no I'm really lost. I deleted all but tomorrow's appointments (12-5-05) and changed the full names of the people (my patients) to initials only. After I did that all the calculations didn't work any more. Initially only 3 of them didn't. The End Time field is in the table CCCalAppts and is related to the table Psych Appointment Titles via the field Psych Appointment Titles. Default time provides the length of the appointment.

I do not see the calculations you are referring to.

Your file requested a second file when I Open Define fields.

This is a commercial calendar by Cleveland Computing, perhaps you should ask your questions of them.

Lee

The second file is not needed. Hit cancel. The CC Cal file is comercial but the calculation is mine, the file originally came with the field ApptTimeEnd as a simple time field allowing an ending time to be entered and I tried to link the end time to the field ApptTitle which is the one linked to the field Psych Appointment Titles in the table of the same name. The calculation is ApptTimeStart + Psych Appointment Titles::Default Appointment Time + Fudge and is the calculation associated with the field ApptTimeEnd. It just occured to me that the CCCalendar file makes use of a field ApptTimeEndCalc which is a calc making use of the field ApptTimeEnd depending if it is empty. I wonder if that is getting in the way?

Where are the Default Appoint Times entered.

Where do you enter the Fudge Time.

Both fields are shown as time fields with no auto enter or calculation times entered. Your post read like there was a default of 45 mins

Lee

The time start field is a field in which the time start is entered. Then the appointment title is chosen, let us say, Indiv. Ther. w Med One can see these as I note in my first post by selecting the 5th, tomorrow in the initial screen, the daily layout, then one of the people. This brings up the edit appointment mini screen. If Indiv. Ther. w Med is chosen the field next to it is a related field, the default time from the psych appointments types table. It is in that table, reached from the daily layout via the green text at the bottom. The fudge field is immediately below the related default time field in the previously mentioned edit appointments mini screen. It accepts time in the standard filemaker format, or at least it should. That part of the calculation seems to work. If I add time to that field it works fine. If I subract time it also works. But the calculation seems to ignore the related field. As I mentioned in the post which includes the file, in the original of this file which has about a thousand entries and the full names of the patients, and in that file several of the calculations work, but three do not. I don't know why changing the names of the patients effected the calculation at all.

I don't really have the time to examine your file in great detail, I have to take care of my clients. However, I did notice that you had at least one broken relationship in the Search layout (next to the Container Field). It shows as patients, but there aren't any fields in that TO.

i entered a few appointments, choosing a start time, type of appointment, which showed the .45 (not sure if this was 45 seconds or minutes), but they didn't show on the timeline. When checking it out in layout mode, the appointments appeared to be there, but did not display because the end time was not entered.

I can't really nail down what you have changed and why it isn't working. I even downloaded a demo copy of the file from Cleveland Consulting for a matter of reference, but of course there isn't any access to the codes in the demo. However, I did notice you have changed the appointment setup a lot. I suspect that there is a break in what is showing there and what is being carried over to the other layout.

This topic is 6716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.