question about creating new records

RichJr

This topic is 8281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I a setting up a many to one relationship but I am having a problem. How can I set it up so when I add a record in one of the many, the 'one' is updated automatically? I've tried portals but they aren't updated automatically. Any help on this much appreciated.

Rich

You need to give us a little more description. What exactly do you want to have updated in the "one" file? If you mean refreshing the display of the portal to show the added record, there is not way to do this automatically unless you have a script running in a loop, use a scheduling plug-in, or attach a script to some other function. I use the script sequence:

Enter Preview Mode

Enter Browse Mode

-bd

I am creating a series of databases with similar information. Only the catagories and subcatagories are different, and the subcatagories are different for each main catagory. I'd like one master database to keep track of all information in all other databases. I would then like to be able to add a new record to a database and have the master updated automatically.

This is being used on the web and am using Lasso to access them. I chose this way because if I stuck everything into one big data file, it would start to become slow, and searches would be slow. So I split up the information hopefully to quicken the access. If there is alternative to this, is there a way with Lasso, to search multiple databases with a single lookup?

Any ideas on this would be great.

the site is at http://apple-sauce.com

Thanks

Rich

This topic is 8281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.