Message control

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that uses a message to prompt the use if they want to creat a new record. What I'd like to do is have the message be displayed saying "do you want to creat a new record" then give the user the ability to either exit the script (which would be attached to the "NO" button on the message, or allow the user to contine and creat the record (YES button). My question regards the use of the message and how i can use that in conjunction with a IF statement perhaps to set the condition that allows the user to exit. any suggestions?

Regards, Ron

Ron:

What you are looking for is Get(LastMessageChoice). After your custom dialog (where, let's say, the "Yes" is the default button and the "No" is the next button), you'd have:

If [Get(LastMessageChoice)=1]

New Record //(or whatever steps you want to use here)

Else //(you can use ElseIf, should you have more than 2 buttons)

Exit Script //(or however you want this to work)

End If

-Stanley

Ron--

As an aside, are you sure that asking your users to confirm adding a record is in their best interest? Such dialogs can become annoying, and it is well documented that people will tune out your dialogs if they are too numerous (Think about how many people have said "Yes" to deleting all the files on their hard drive! That's why we have the Recycle Bin, IMHO).

If they're clicking an add button, let that serve as indication of intent and don't bug them with a confirm button.

Just a couple of cents.

David

This topic is 6703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.