Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Getting Sum() in a portal

aldipalo

This topic is 6707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've spent the last 1 1/2 hours reading and searching to find this answer so please help. I'm sure I'm missing some stupid little step hear. We get paid monthly advances towards our final billing. I'm putting together an invoice that calculates the total fee and deducts advances and gives me a balance. My first thought was to have a summary field that sums all advances. I put this in a portal on the advances layout. Then I would also calculate the final fee (Based on a percentage of the annual salary) and write another calc that would deduct expenses from fee_amount. Ok, so everything in the layout is working fine, but, when I look at the Total_Advances field it only gives me the amount in the first record of the portal. I know I've seen this discussion somewhere before , but I can not find it. Additionally, I noticed that even though the portal is showing the correct number of advance payments tehhetell me what is wrong.

Thanks,

Al

Ciao Ugo:

I have uploaded a pdf file showing all the tables, relationships and layouts. If you explain how, from this, I can put together a small test file I'll be happy to do it.

My relationships are getting enormous. When I worked with Lotus Approach it was much easier to develop and maintain relationships. I fear this could be my downfall.

When I first started this project I didn't realize that FM was similar to Access in that you can set up your tables within one DB structure. So, I set up Job_Orders, CompanyDB and Contacts as separate databases. After about 2 - 3 weeks and a hell of a lot of work developing relationships and layouts I realized you could add more tables to each database. Therefore, the multiple external db's.

I hope you can give me some suggestions as there are just a few more items I need to get running and I think I can put this project to bed. One of the main reasons I didn't just buy FMRecruiter off the shelf was they don't have a billing function. So, this is a critical part of my application.

Thanks,

Al

Sum_problems.pdf

This topic is 6707 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.