sales report question

This topic is 6696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to work on a database for the company I work for. My boss wants a sales report totaling each product we've sold. Now, we have a database with each customer and the items they bought. What I can't figure out, taking the totals of all the small bags sold, taking the totals of all large bags sold, ect and put it on a new layout.

All help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately is your post kept in a surficial manner, that reveals almost nothing about the datastructure behind ...It seems obvious you need help when you raise the question here! But is it a fix or is it guidance with a properly structured developement, you're asking for???

Is the structure of your invoiceing kept, as approximately 4 table occurances, or have jumped into something less normalized???

Is it in your posistion to alter relational dependencies at all or do you have to live with somebody elses design??

It's so that fully normailized structures fare much better when statistics are the issue, but often wasn't it the objective when the database was designed in the first place - or rather there was no plan at all and the present featurette stems more from an organic process rather than genuine design?

It could also be interesting to know, what the purpose with thowing you into the pools deep end honestly is??? If everything is structured "by the book" ...will the solution be within reach of 5 minutes developement....

--sd

This topic is 6696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.