can not view field data

This topic is 6700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good morning all,

Firstly, many thanks to all who have helped me to get my memebership database to this stage. I appreciate all your help.

Secondly, I have a layout called 'Benefits' which allows the user to add/amend what benefits the member is currently receiving - Retirement, Unemployment etc.

However, for some reason i can not get the 'Current Benefit' field in my main layout screens to display any data from the 'Benefits' layout.

I've done the same with other layouts in the database (Contributions, Payment Types etc..), but i can not see what i'm doing wrong here.

It's bound to be something silly/stupid that i've overlooked/incorrectly done (late night last night) - but i can't see it.

I'd be grateful for any help.

I have attached a copy of the database. Use 1, 2 or 3 as the membership numbers.

Regards,

Shane.

20122005.zip

... what? Shane could you make it clearer what data exactly you want to be displayed from the benefits layout? ... the reason i think you cant get the actual field to show up though is because its not related to anything?

One more thing, in the notes_view relationship make sure u click the delete records in this table box...

P.s. your layout is looking better

Genx

Hi Genx,

Thanks for the reply.

If you goto Benefits Maintenance in the Maintenance Screens area, i have added some Benefits in there.

This is what i would like to be able to choose from, in the Current Benefit field on the main layouts.

(I have changed the attached copy of the database, as the link to Benefit Maintenance wasn't working...oops! )

Thanks for the comment about the look of the layout - still plenty more work needed though :-)

Many thanks,

Shane.

20122005.zip

... im confused did you just want the value list attached to the field so you could choose from entered benefits?... anyway have a look at the file, also i think that you may be sorting the records in your current details portal backwards... wouldnt you logically want your most recent changes at the top?

_20122005.zip

Hi Genx,

Yep, that's what i wanted to do... told you it was something silly...

Though, it wouldn't have helped me that i was out till 4am this morning (celebrating some good news for the family).

Also, it looks like the recent changes ARE at the top in the portal... though, after the morning i've had i'm not taking anything for granted... lol.

Again, thanks for your help Genx. :-)

Kindest Regards,

Shane

This topic is 6700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.