Droplet to Add File to Container Field

This topic is 6723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

Has anyone written an applescript droplet to add a file to a container in field.

I have created a database for distributing digital dictation files. Currently the users click an icon in the dock that runs an import script in the database. The users then navigate to the file and add it to the database. I was wondering if it was possible to use an applescript to get the filepath and then run the import script passing that information to the Filemaker script.

Any idea?

TIA

Happy holidays. Drive Safely. Keep Safe.

Regards

S :

This is not too difficult, at least in FileMaker 8, and if one is not too fussy about checking for errors, or seeing if you're on the right record. It being late here, I'm not at all fussy. So this is a very simple example. It could also be done in FileMaker 7, but you'd have to do the "switcheroo" on the file, at the very least. So I'm not doing that, not now anyway. Also, this is embedding a picture, not a file, mostly 'cause it was close to an example file I had; and it's much the same thing. Perhaps tomorrow I can do more (or better :-) This one requires FileMaker 8.

Import_wDroplet.zip

This topic is 6723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.