Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Copy 1 field to another on tab layout

This topic is 6673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working with a expense report layout, that is using tabs to show a weeks worth of days for "mileage tracking purpose" 2 fields (StartMileage & EndMileage)..... I want to auto enter last EndMileage field (contents) into the next StartMileage field. the problem is 1 week is one record ( so I can't lookup from record to record)& mileage is not recorded for every day.

Also to switch from one day to the next dosent require a button or new record, because each week is all 1 record, then the following week is a new record. Which if every day was a new record, then a New Record Button with a script would be the answer, but it's not that easy.

Hope someone can figure out what I'm asking. And thanks for all the this forum is to all of us.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest you consider a structure other than 1 week (or day) = 1 record. Bear in mind that expenses is what you're tracking, not weeks or any other time unit. You just want to look at your expenses from a perspective of time. Make sense?

If this were mine I'd seriously consider making a record for each expense and then use a portal for onscreen viewing that filters records by week, and subsummary reports sorted by week for printing. The advantage to this is that if you ever decide you want to look at your data from a different perspective (daily, perhaps) it would be a snap to set it up. The way you have it now would make that pretty difficult and cumbersome to achieve.

Hope this helps!

This topic is 6673 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.