fs6 multi search one field

emmade

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi

I can not think anymore (it seems)

What I would like to do is to ask the user in de find mode to ask a category to search for.

When done I would to extend the search with another category. So he asked for cat1 but he will get cat1 and cat2 back

Can someone give me some direction how to handle this?

thanks

emma

Im sorry Emmade, I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. If you are looking to search for mutiple fields by putting in search criteria into only one field, then there are posts already discussing this matter.

However, if you want to perform a search into multiple fields for a specific value, in find mode you would just have to add a new request.

But from your post, I am unsure if you want to search for a partial word etc. Can you elaborate?

thanks to so much!

I would like to have the user to select a category and the script to add an extra category to the search.

So that the result (a report) will be the category the user selected plus an extra category (put in the script)

thanks!

emma

Hi Emma, to add another find request, all you have to do is create a new request in find mode.

In other words, if you have a field called FirstName, you can go to find mode, have the user Enter the first criteria, lets say Bob.

Then under the requests menu , Add a New request.

Enter Jim

When you perform find it will show all records with Jim or Bob in the FirstName field.

To script this, you can have a button with a script like this:

If (Status (CurrentMode) = 1)

New Record/Request

Else

Enter Find Mode []

End If 

HTH

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.