updating a script with repeating fields

This topic is 6654 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've created and exhaustive script that validates the entry in a particular field.The validation forces the user's entry into a standard form. I've now decided that I need repetitions for this field because users are inclined to enter multiple values in this field for expedience which will only standardize the first value. There are a maximum of 5 repeating fields. So to make a long story short.... I want to edit my validation script to loop through all repetitions, if they exist. What is the quickest way to change all the references to that field to now include a repetion number fieldname[n].

It's not entirely clear what you're asking. You can insert values into a specific repetition by entering the repetition number where you select the destination field. You can retrieve a specific repetition by using the array notation:

repeating field[repetion number]

However, it's generally better to use a related table to hold a variable amount of user-editable data, like this. A portal can be used to edit or show it, and you can loop through them if needed.

This topic is 6654 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.