Server Maintenance This Week. ×

index card formatting - hard, or easy?

dcnblues

This topic is 6642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'd like to build a simple layout consisting of two fields (title and text) that would print out on a 3 x 5 index card. What's the vote? Will this be easy or hard to accomplish?

I'm new to Filemaker, and haven't had initial success, and am wondering whether to forget the benefits of a database and just try to get this done in a word processor. Any help welcome. :

I not sure why your post has received no responses, but I think this would be easy.

I have not done this, but I think you can do this by just creating a Database with your two fields, and then create a New Layout for printing using Avery Label 5388,

If that doesn't do it for you, let me know what it doesn't do (post your sample file), and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Lee

• Newbies

Well, while the printer specs are capable of printing a 3 x 5 index card, the printer driver didn't have such a card setting available. that made things harder.

Eventually, I just used a landscape standard (8 1/2 x 11) page setup, and in the filemaker layout (also in landscape) moved margins and field borders around with lots of trial and error until I got it to match pretty well. I've definitely got border limitations, but it's functional.

This topic is 6642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.