Print number of copies from field data

bedmonds1

This topic is 6348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I was about to post the same questions. I guess the answer is no, as there have been no replies to this question yet.

Even worse, I have to find a solution for an FM 6 file, where the scripting is somewhat less sophisticated.

I need print multiples of labels from the Qty field for a product in an invoice, and then further sets of multiple labels from each other product in the same invoice. I'm considering whether it's feasible to create a script which temporarily duplicates the records according to the number in Qty, then prints the record set, then goes to the next record in the invoice and does the same again. Seems complicated, I'm not even sure it's duable in FM6 and it may also be lengthy if the invoice has a large amount of different products.

Any suggestions? Another idea: is there a way to create an Apple Script to set the Qty in the print dialogue box from a field in FM. I've never worked with Apple Scripts, so unexperienced here.

Gabriela

• 7 months later...

thanks, this does help.

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, you're reply escaped me until just now, when i was looking for something else. Although it's several months on, I still hadn't solved the issue. So I will now start working with variables. Thanks.

Gabriela

This topic is 6348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.