Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can someone give me a single window?

Bodie

This topic is 8740 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm currently rebuilding a rather entangled database for a friend on a mac. It seems he has about twenty necessary databases but he's constantly upset about having to toggle between half these databases. I'm rather an intermediate level developer and am having some trouble figuring out the best way to reconstruct his information so that he only has to utilize one window for viewing, entering, deleting, etc data. Can anyone make any recommendations? If I were on a PC I'd use VB to build it. What do you use on a mac?

You might want consider passing the job off to a higher level developer, one who is adept at database architecture and normalization (like myself).

There are so many potential problems and solutions inherant in a situation such as this that it will be difficult to lead you in the correct direction.

It is hard to say how many of those databases are really required and even if the right information is being stored in each file.

As has been suggested, you can use a common navigation interface and scripted buttons to move between the file.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.inthescene.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

About 20 db's. They can be connected by scripts, which perform tasks and navigate between db's; and some fields can be filled with auto-lookup features. FMPro does all those things. You have to devote some time to learning how to use the tools found in FMPro.

Good luck, peace.

Keith M. Davie

This topic is 8740 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.