Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Menu

NotPro

This topic is 6640 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I don't even know whether this is the right place to post this topic. Anyhow, the drop-down menu of Window on the menu bar has an item that says "Show window" along with a right pointing arrow which is supposed to trigger another submenu on FM Pro 8 Advanced, however, my copy of FM Pro 8 Advanced does not show anything at all, I am just wondering what is it for? Or am I the only one having this problem with FM Pro 8 Advanced Ver 2? Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks a lot.

NotPro

Hi NotPro,

The Show Window menu command only comes into play when there is one or more files/windows which are hidden. Windows can be hidden manually, by script or by FileMaker itself in certain circumstances (eg when a file is opened indirectly by another file).

Try opening a file and then using the Hide Window command (also from the WIndow menu). You'll then be able to select the file from the Show Window sub-menu to have its window displayed again. :wink2:

Yes - very handy. Hiding a file gets it right out of the way - unlike minimizing it which, on Windows, leaves a 'brick' visible in the lower left corner of the application window.

Particularly when creating multiple-file solutions for users who are not familiar with FileMaker, the ability to hide all file windows except the one that is being used at the time is a big plus! ???

This topic is 6640 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.