Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Protecting a Solution

newtm

This topic is 6566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FM stand-alone solution that I want to market on a subscription basis. The "dongle" systems I have looked at are programs that are added when a solution is compiled. Is there a program that I can use with a FM solution?

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Hi

There are several ways to protect your solution.

You can buy a plugin, you can buy a solution with dongles or maybe you should simply do it within your filemaker solution.

I have built a licensing key function, that can be used both with access to modules, date expire function and it can also be set to accept only on uniq computers.

If this have you interest, you should contact me by email, since I don't want to tell to much on a forum and this trick will not be provided for free.

[email protected]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi - I have set up a pay-as-you-go system for licensed software which allows users to pay for a time period of their choice to use the software with a card payment. The software is controlled by our web-server, so internet access is mandatory for each workstation. One of our controlled programs is a FILEMAKER run-time standalone solution. We use a small WINDOWS program to communicate with both the FILEMAKER solution and our web-site and the FILEMAKER solution does not run without it - you only have to add a few script steps. I am looking for 3rd-party subscription software to add to our portfolio or we could discuss setting up an independent facility for yourself on a commission basis. Look at our website REETEC website PAYG

product KALIBER-8.

This topic is 6566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.