Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Navigation/format problem

Uzuul

This topic is 8500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am getting crazy trying to figure out the following.

I have a layout that includes 3 pop-up value lists (from a tab order standpoint they are 1 2 and 3). Those are the only fields on that layout.

Whenever I select a value for the first field,the next field (as defined by the tab order) that also validates via a pop-up value list "expands" to display the different values. Looks like the pointer jumps to the next field which in turn displays the different possible values.

I could avoid that by having regular fields "between" (from tab order standpoint) the fields that validates via a value list but I am pretty sure that there is another more elegant and simpler way to achieve this without compromising my tab order sequence by adding "useless" fields.

Looking forward to read you!

Thank you very much.

• Newbies

Thank you very much for your suggestion; I thought I was just missing something very simple (a pref of some sort or some kind of obscure little setting attached).

I still do not get why it "jumps" to the next field; this does not happen with regular fields.

Thank you again!

It's a feature! smile.gif

You can prevent jumping to the next field by clearing the tab order of the fields. However, if you do that, the menu list will not disappear once you select an item from one of the lists. A compromise is to create one dummy field and set the tab order to 1 for it and clear the tab order for all others. You can make the dummy field a calculation equal to "". That way FileMaker will tab to it but won't allow entering a value into it.

• Newbies

Thank you Bob.

I knew there was something I was missing; I did not know that one could clean the tab order (I guess I am using it so much it never struck me as being a possible impediment).

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

Have a great day,

Marc

This topic is 8500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.