FM6 install disk damaged

This topic is 6610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to reinstall FMP7. I've got a full v6 install disk that is now unreadable and a v7 upgrade disk. Does anyone know if there is a download available anywhere of the full version of 6? I've got a valid auth code, of course.

And by the way, is it just me or is FileMaker about the worst company in the customer service area? I tried for quite awhile on two separate days to figure out how to get through to someone for info on the above - email, telephone, anything. I was not about to give them my credit card number for something like this, not until I spoke with someone. Really aggravating.

Thanks - JAY

Hi Jay, and Welcome to the Forum.

I'm trying to reinstall FMP7. I've got a full v6 install disk that is now unreadable and a v7 upgrade disk. Does anyone know if there is a download available anywhere of the full version of 6? I've got a valid auth code, of course.

http://www.filemaker.com/support/options.html

There are a couple of options given. Email, Online Chat, Phone Support.

And by the way, is it just me or is FileMaker about the worst company in the customer service area? I tried for quite awhile on two separate days to figure out how to get through to someone for info on the above - email, telephone, anything. I was not about to give them my credit card number for something like this, not until I spoke with someone. Really aggravating.

Thanks - JAY

If you are talking about Customer Support, then I don't share your opinion. However, it sounds like you were talking to Technical Support, they require payment for their services.

Lee

Hi Jay, and Welcome to the Forum.

Oh, I've been there. I tried to post email using the form they provided. That simply returned several unrelated knowledge base articles with a note saying, _Individual support is available by telephone at this time._ I then tried using a couple of the numbers provided and kept being routed to the pay/per/incident automated system. After two rounds of wasting 20 minutes I decided to see if anyone here might have some other insights.

Well, I use many different support sites on a pretty regular basis. Even when they're complicated you usually can get somewhere eventually. This experience has led to feel as though no person at FM will speak to me directly until I've got my wallet open. So, if you've got the secret sequence of phone number and key prompts, I'd love to hear it...

I called both the toll-free non-technical (10 licenses or less) number and the 408 tech support numbers. In both cases, as I attempted to prompt through the system responding accurately to the options that were offered, I was put into the paid support system and asked for a credit card number and never spoke with a live person.

I'm not saying that there's no way to get direct free customer service. However, I made two sincere attempts to do so - one today and one last Wednesday - and I got skunked both times.

Don't you believe me, Lee?

I do believe you. I do believe you.

I used their Email approach a week or so ago, and it went right through. I received a confirmation of my question within a few minutes, and an answer the following day.

I also had a problem installing my upgrade of v8, and Sales helped me with that one.

I wished I could find my Demo copy of v6, as I think that is all you would need to take care of this problem you are having.

Good Luck,

Lee

This topic is 6610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.