Height of a layout

RJN

This topic is 6609 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to create a layout in FMP8 which is higher that the maximum that seems to be allowed: something around 111 inches high, according to the rulers on the screen. I need this layout to have another page or two, taking it to around 130 inches or so. Is there a way I can break through this apparent maximum layout height?

Thanks for any help.

... Why? If it was just for the point of viewing and not printing onto an extremly large peice of paper, you could set a permanent zoom level of 150% and then just do what you want there, this effictivley gives you a non-real size increase. Though otherwise, probably not, i guess Filemaker never though anyone would need a layout that big... But really, why?

~Genx

Thanks for thoughts. This is for a contract form that needs to print out in about 11 pages. There are a number of fields and calculations embedded throughout the contract, thus the need for a continuous document. My backup solution is to edit the contract as tightly as I can and reduce type size.

If the layout isn't working for you, maybe you've got the wrong tool. Consider using a word processor mail merge with an ODBC link to your database as the data source. You get the multipage layout you need, with the fields embedded...

Regardless, this question belongs in the Layouts forum, not the Separation Model.

This topic is 6609 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.