automated login of a file

This topic is 6606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am using fmpro 7 on windows 2003 server, I am trying to make the database automaticaly start when the server is rebooted. I am wondering how to do it since if I put the database in the startup folder it will startup but will stop at the login (the I need to remote access the windows 2003 server to login so the database can be available to user since it's shared). And if I put the setting to automatically login with x or x account then when people want to connect to this file then they cannot login whit theyr proper username and password.

So I tought the solution would be to create another file with a script that will open my databse and login with whatever user account I specify, but I was unable to create such script ... any clues ?

thanks

Okay I found a way,

I made the file to auto login with the guest account and in the openscript I added at the end a relogin function so other user can login with theyr own account. Kind of not the best way but it does the trick for me.

thanks

When FileMaker Server service is started it will host the FileMaker files automatically - you shouldn't need to "open" them to see them as available on the network.

It may be semantics, but you never "share" the files, you should be working with them as "hosted" and users connect as a guest through the server.

I'm certain I'm misunderstanding you, but if you're really using a copy of FM Server, then this shouldn't be necessary.

If you are hosting the files via a regular client copy of FileMaker to a small number of users, then yes - you'd have to have then actually "open" on the hosting machine where the files reside.

This topic is 6606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.