Script for new record on other DB

Jaser247

This topic is 6575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I am a bit new to FM Pro 8.I am using the Contact Management template. I also am using the Issue tracking one. I've created a relationship between then and would like to do this. I would like to have a button on the Conatact DB that when pressed it would open up the Issues Tracking one, and create a new entry to put notes in it for the client.

An example being, I do a search in my Client DB for Jaser, I hit the button to open up the issues tracking so i can put an entry into it for Jaser.

Hope this is simple,

Thanks,

Jaser

• 1 month later...

Make a script in the IT file that goes to the appropriate layout, creates a new record and sets the contact ID field. Then make a script in the CM file that uses the Perform Script step to call that script in IT. I would use a global field to pass the contact ID from one file to another.

Alternatively, you could just make a portal in your CM file that lets you create new IT records without having to leave the layout or run a script. Just make sure the "allow creation" checkbox is checked for the relationship from CM to IT.

This topic is 6575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.