Script and dialog box

This topic is 6601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello:

When "save record changes automatically" is not selected in layout setup, FM displays a dialog box with "Save" and "Don't save" buttons.

Question: is there a way to add scripts to these options in such a way that if the user clicks on the Save button FM saves and execute script X and if he clicks on "Don't Save" FM does not save and execute script Y?

Hi ZT:

Thanks for trying to help.

I am trying to find a way to prevent accidental delete/modification of data on a layout.

In my last posting Vaughan suggested that I use 2 layouts, 1 for data entry and 1 for browsing where fields are protected. It's a good suggestion but the problem is once data is entered the user is still on data entry layout and records can still by accidentally modified. I thought it would be possible to piggy back a simple script on the FM dialog box where once the user clicks on the Save button FM saves the record and execute a script that switches to the browse layout.

Edited by Guest

Using this method, you could create a few global fields for data entry. Then, when they have entered the data and pushed the "Save" button, you can add those to a new record in your data table and go to the browse layout. This way, they're not actually creating the new records themselfs, you are in your script.

This topic is 6601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.