How to Skip Tab Order Numbers?

Oldfogey

This topic is 6602 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Am I really the only person to be losing sleep and patience over this ungreat new feature in V8?

When setting tab order on a layout, I used to always leave out a few numbers in case of errors or subsequent additions. Now, with V8, I leave out the numbers and FMP just re-numbers them from 1. It is driving me crazy.

Anyone know how I can FIX my numbers?

It's been working just fine for me, Paul, but then I always clear them all and just set the ones I wish.

Just tried by selecting just adding a few more - worked fine also. 8.0v2 here. I have it on Adding Remaining Objects and Clear All Fields...

Edited by Guest

Ah. I see what you mean about removing just one. Try clicking the one you want to remove and hitting the backspace key. But the rest remain the same for me after I say OK...

Ender, Are you serious? Re-doing 50 tabs out of 100?

LaRetta, it is simple to delete them; they stay deleted. But the remainder are just renumbered so there are no longer any gaps. Means if you need to add a new tab between 2 and 3, you have renumber the lot.

Are we on the same wave length? You leave one out and the rest don't get re-numbered?

You are right Paul - FM fills in the gaps so you can't add a tab 2 between a tab 1 and tab 2 - it renumbers them. :smile2:

How nice of FM to be so, ummm, helpful. Too back it isn't. :crazy2:

Precisely, Ender. I have always tried to keep my data entry layouts to the size of a screen, preferably smaller. Tab controls sudddenly make large numbers of data entry fields on the one layout quite feasible and user friendly.

I am working on three tab control layouts all of which have lots and lots of global fields which the user cannot touch. Out of, say, 90 fields on the layout, the user only touches maybe 30-40. You add one field and/or tab requirement early in the tab sequence and you have to re-do the lot. Crazy!

This topic is 6602 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.