This topic is 6576 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Two questions...:)

1) Suppose I setup a field to contain a 3 digit (numeric) area code (USA, for phone numbers). Is it possible to "automatically" jump to the next field after the third numeric digit is entered?

2) Can the active field be made a different color from the rest of the fields (so the user always knows from the backgrund color which field they are entering data into)?

Thank you.

Edited by Guest

1) Suppose I setup a field to contain a 3 digit (numeric) area code (USA, for phone numbers). Is it possible to "automatically" jump to the next field after the third numeric digit is entered?

No sorry, I believe you'll need an event-trigger plugin. But there are many to choose from and a few good ones are free. Why are you against a User hitting ENTER or TAB?

2) Can the active field be made a different color from the rest of the fields (so the user always knows from the backgrund color which field they are entering data into)?

Yes. See attached.

InstantBackground.zip

• Newbies

Why are you against a User hitting ENTER or TAB?

Personal preference. When I order an item online (or enter a long serial number), I just prefer the field to automatically "jump" to the next field after entering a fixed number (area code, 5-digit ZIP, etc).

Thanks for the help!

This topic is 6576 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.