Width of Value List

proton

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I know that most likely someone already asked this question, but...You know you can create a value list to display values from a field in another file. When you set this up you specify the primary value to display, and you can select another field to display as well.

Well sometimes this can mean a lot of data. Now when the user clicks on the field and the value list drops down, sometimes it is not wide enough to show all the data. Is there a way to widen the value list? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

No, there's no ideal solution. Or you decrease the fontsize of the field in question, or you make the field longer on the layout. In both cases the value list will follow these settings and you can see more. But, i agree it's far from a dynamical solution ...

This together with several other issues (a few hunderd in my case) should be revised by FM ...

Best regards,

Erwin

quote:

Originally posted by Erwin:

Hi,

No, there's no ideal solution. Or you decrease the fontsize of the field in question, or you make the field longer on the layout. In both cases the value list will follow these settings and you can see more. But, i agree it's far from a dynamical solution ...

This together with several other issues (a few hunderd in my case) should be revised by FM ...

There are pretty good arguments both for and against the way that it was imnplemented. Neither way represents a flaw.

Something that I might suggest would be to use and invisible or hidden field that is sized appropriately to open the value list, then display the value in a field sized for the screen. It makes a bit of an akward interface, but might be better than not seeing the whole list item.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Previous releases of FM displayed all the values on the page in a wide format that allowed viewing a LOT of items. FM 5.0+ just runs the list down, and there is no way around it. It is another of those disappointing and stupid things that (IMHO) does represent a flaw in the program. Just like the silly restricted layout length.......

Kurt Mitenbuler

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.