Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PDF's, printing multiple layouts in one PDF

Jeanne Webster

This topic is 6602 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It has been possible for several versions to do a Copy in Preview mode, from one layout, then Paste in Browse mode to a global container field in another layout. It's kind of clunky, but it works in situations like this. You can assemble the final print from various sources.

I've done this using a global field with repetitions. I've sized each to exactly 1 printed page size, to elimate cut-off text. But you might not have to do this; I had to in this case. Also set the page to a fixed size, and remove the margins. I can't remember whether I did that on the page I copied (I think so), or on the final one. But I know they both can't have margins.

I should have since "it used to be possible in past versions." Thanks for the heads up. I am just now doing a conversion (from 5-6) for the client that had a lot of this copy/paste, for custom invoices. It appeared to work, but I hadn't tried printing. Back to the drawing board.

I am printing a 4 page newsletter, updating it monthly. I am using 4 layouts to create the look I need. I want to place it in a PDF. Currently all I get is a PDF per layout. Is there any way that I can get all 4 layouts into one PDF? Ideas?

Is there some reason not to create a layout four pages deep? You'll be able to tell where the page breaks are, combine text and graphic elements on each page, number the pages, have a 'masthead' page. All that stuff.

The print to PDF will produce a document with four pages.

This topic is 6602 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.