Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Newbe print setup problem

scoop

This topic is 6600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

I'm new to FM so please bear with me if this is a silly question :

We're running FM off WinXP with a HP N2300 printer.

When we print a report (batch of pages, say 20+) each page previews on the screen before/whilst it's spooling, consequently 20 pages take about 3mins to print and lock up the PC.

It does finish scrolling through the pages before it finishes printing but I wanted to know if FM has to preview each page before printing or can I set it to just print the whole batch, as it would with say a word doc.:)

Thanks,

Scoop.

Hi,scoop!

Before printing in the script put Enter Preview Mode near such:

Alow User Abort[off]

Go To Layout[Print_Layout}

EnterPreviewMode[Pause]

Print[]

Go To Layot[original layout]

Edited by Guest

"When we print a report (batch of pages, say 20+) each page previews on the screen before/whilst it's spooling, consequently 20 pages take about 3mins to print and lock up the PC."

Never seen this happen: has this solution been developed by somebody else, because it's not normal behaviour.

Unless it's a feature of the printer driver you're using...

• Newbies

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, it has been set up by someone else, it's basically an order processing DB.

I have fwded aaa's script suggestion on to him which does look to me like it's the right fix, but he's saying there's more to it than that.

Without being able to see the script (we're locked out), I have to believe that there's more to it than I'm aware of but this does apply to anything we print on FM which made me wonder if it's a FM thing.

When we hit the print button, FM scrolls through every page in that print job and previews on the screen for a split second.

It doesn't wait for all the pages to be previewed before printing but it doesn't just send the whole job to the printer as with say a 20 page word doc.

I don't believe it's a printer thing because the printer is set to spool & print immediately. I also can't see how the printer could force the application (FM) to preview each page ;)

Are there any other settings in FM I could check apart from the print settings, which actually apply to the printer?

Thanks.

This topic is 6600 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.