Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Troi File Plug-in Freezes FM

This topic is 6569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone,

I downloaded the latest trial version of Troi File plug-in. When FM is running with the plug-in installed, it crashes every time when I try to copy anything to the clipboard. When I remove the plug-in from the extensions folder, the problem disappears.

I am using FM 8.02 on a Pentium 4 XPS with 1GB of RAM and XP SP2.

Can anyone please help me?

thanks!!

• Newbies

Hi and thanks for replying. Sorry, I should have explained myself better. The copy/paste I do is outside of any scripts.

I was in the process of fixing my application to include the plug-in, so I was trying to copy a line of script to the clipboard and FM crashed. I tried to copy a bunch of things (text, layout items, etc.) and they all crashed FM.

Like I said, as soon as I took the plug-in out, the freezing stopped.

thanks,

A. Anbari

Almost like a genuine memory leak ...perhaps it is? This is an issue you should reaise with the provider of the tool ...they have probably a list of conflicting applications or services handy you can investigate.

--sd

• 1 month later...

We had the same problem with crashing.. It seems you have IWP enabled which will not let you work with the troi file plugin. Thats where the problem is. disable iwp in your files and the plugin should work fine. We actually brought this up to Peter from troi at the last conferance and he said he was going to look into it... but I guess he has not as of yet.

Stu

This topic is 6569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.