Cross Platform Graphics Issues

barbapapa

This topic is 6576 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm developing a solution to be used by both WinXP and OSX users. I have begun inserting graphics (buttons and the like) using the jpeg format through photoshop in WinXP. However, when I open my database in OSX the graphics do not display at all. (I get the windows logo where the graphics should be) How should I be inserting graphics in to my solution to ensure cross platform compatability? Do I have to make 2 different versions? One for PC one for Mac?

Any help is much appreciated.

Pete

In FMP 6 and earlier you have to select the document preference to "store compatible graphics". Note that when this preference is selected the size of the stored graphic doubles.

Changing this preference setting won't fix graphics you have already inserted: these need to be cleared and re-inserted for the cross-platform display to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Vaughn, I wish I had asked you earlier.

With respect to printing layouts. I have numerous layouts that have a variety of text and graphics that need to be printed. The problem I am having is that I am developing a solution that will be used in many different computer environments (mac/win os9, win98) Is there a way to ensure that my graphics and text remains in the "portrait" printable area regardless of platform or video hardware resolution?

This topic is 6576 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.