Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Lookup (Auto Enter) and IWP

This topic is 6610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone. I'm well versed in sql and general database design, but I've just been handed a group of FP5 database files to upgrade to 8. The upgrade goes fine, and things work.

I enable IWP so there can be web access. When using FM8 Pro on the machine, I can enter a "ClientID" on a Job ticket and it will automatically match that with the ClientID in the Clients table, and populate the data specified in the form. Works great using FM as the client.

Oh, i'm currently using F8 Pro trial until our full version of 8 gets here (today), but shouldn't really matter I don't think.

However, when I load up that same Job ticket form using a browser (IE, safari, both don't work), and enter a "ClientID" it won't populate the necessary fields like it does on the software itself. Am I missing anything obvious? I've searched the forums, and the relationship is there, it works on the software, so I'm stumped.

Edited by Guest

You are bound to explicitly save data to make the trigging, and it's done with:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/Script-Steps62.html

...which in essense means that you should place a button next the the keyfield that does the same as the submit button does.

IWP is different!!!

--sd

This topic is 6610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.