Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing very small

mguilfoile

This topic is 6599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have just started to use FM8 under OS 10.3.9 and am using a file generated by a group in Italy in FM7. It has about 350 records with pictures. I'd like to print it on 8.5 x 11 paper in two columns, portrait. When I follow the Help file it seems to work, setting up a layout with a new name with two columns. When I view this on my computer it shows the two columns on an portrait, 8.5x11 area. All my page set up and print set ups are correct. When I print, however, it prints the two colomns in the upper 1/4 of the page; even though it is set to print 100%. It looks the same in print preview. Now it won't even show two columns on my computer screen, it only shows one! I went into layout mode and the grey dotted lines (which I assume are the page breaks) make no sense because it does not show it in column mode. Furthermore, there are two think black lines, one horizontal and one vertical, that I can move around, but don't seem to do anything. All I want is my print-out to fill my page. Is the fact that it originated in Italy a problem? The whole printing system on FM is quite unlike anything I've ever used. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Brown

Mike

the two black lines that you refer to in layout mode are the t-square lines and can be switched off under the view menu.

Other than that any chance of you attaching a zipped copy of the file so that someone can have a look at your printing problem

Phil

Hi Mike

Save your file as a clone and then just add enough dummy records to demonstrate your problems. You can then zip it and see if it gets below the limit for attachments (which I think is 1mb)

If that is still too big you will have to strip things out to get the size down.

FM does not have printing 'issues' per se, well no more than other software has. You can get it to produce more or less what you like.

It is more likely that a little familiarisation with the way it works would help you a lot.

See what you can post

Phil

It sounds like your printer driver is set to tile the pages on a single sheet (print 4-up option). Look around the printer advaced options and seee if you can find anything that controls layout.

I'd say it's not a FMP problem.

This topic is 6599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.