Entering Data Into Value List

pradeep

This topic is 8256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is what I have to do.I have a file which has got product no & info.A person has to browse throught the items and using a check box add records into a value list.When he is done this value list is exported to another file and processing is done by removing the items from the value list.Is this possible.Can we add and remove items from a value list based on conditions.

Sure. I would probably keep the value list as a file and use the by relationship option. This way you can make an item inactive by breaking the right side of the relationship. To be more specific, we'll need a little more specific information. What are your files? What are you really doing? What exactly do you mean by "conditions"?

-bd

By Files I meant File Maker File and conditons as in validating a check box.I would probably create a new file and realate it to the master file and populate the file according to check box.How do you add elements to a value list,do u just use set field and how would we retrive the elements of the value list

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: Jacob ]

[ October 08, 2001: Message edited by: Jacob ]

Your nomenclature is still throwing me. I assumed FM files, I was looking for a few more specifics of your application (e.g. invoice file with value list of clients, etc.). If you make your value list a field from a file you create for this purpose, just add records to this file. Again, I'm not sure what your mean by "retrieve". A user accesses a value list in different ways depending upon how the field display is set (checkboxes, drop down menu, etc.). If you mean in your scripting, setup the value list as records in a file and access it a you would any other set of records.

-bd

This topic is 8256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.