Get IP address of client machine?

This topic is 6572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm looking for a way to acquire the IP address of the remote machine (under Mac OS X, in case it matters) -- the client accessing the database via http. The IP information is in FileMaker Pro 8Web Logsaccess.log, but I'm not sure how one can get it. The Console app was greyed out when attempting to open its AppleScript dictionary. I'd also want to filter the information so that I just got one instance of (an IP address for) a session.

Bob

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the feedback. I'd seen something quite a while back on another forum about using GetURL and opening a PHP page, copying and pasting the result, to make this work in some other situation, but that it didn't work in 7 (and the guy was going to try it in 8 but hadn't posted about it). I have no idea what .php page he was referring to. I'll try to find that post and ask him, reporting back any news.

Bob

I am currently doing this with a PHP module that I have written. Actually we have so far been able to address numerous problems presented by IWP. We have also been able to increase the speed of IWP 60%. FMWebschool will be releasing this module to the public the first of May. If you would like to be a part of the live demonstration, email me @ [email protected] and ask to be put on the IWP Power Pack demo list.

In Kindness

Stephen K Knight

http://www.fmwebschool.com

This topic is 6572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.