Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Host - Client

This topic is 6580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am trying to make Queue Solutions for retail, I am using Scala software (multimedia sw) and FileMaker conected through VBS.

I have situation that I have 10 cashier which can have same service, I mean, service „A“ must be available on cashier no. 2 and no. 8, sooo, I must share „the number“.

So, I tried with 3 FMP – One Host and 2 clients. All FMP communication is through FMP Scripts. But problem is that sometimes client succeed to run FMP Script on Host, sometimes not, sometimes it open new record with RecordNumber and export it sometimes not ...

Any suggestion to solve this problem or hole solutins?

Thx in advance

VJ

PS. WinXP, FMP Advance 7 and 8, static IP-s, local LAN

Edited by Guest

Not sure I understand your deployment...

But scripts initiated from a client will *never* run on the host. Only on the client. Except when you're using a plugin like Troi's Activator to trigger scripts on a remote machine.

You gave me answer: "But scripts initiated from a client will *never* run on the host."

Thing is that 9 clients are triggered by VBS from high production multimedia software to run script on host to get uniqe serial number which can be shareable on other 8 clients cause it must be uniqe and available in VBS so that muiltimedia SW can use that number to show it on screen.

I solve problem with import/export FMP script and local VBS on clients.

Thanks again Wim

VJ

This topic is 6580 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.