Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Get user name in IWP?

This topic is 6487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anybody out there picked up the login user name from the network?

Right now I am trialing an IWP form in version 6.

I'd like to send users a confirmation email when their record gets safely received by FMP.

I am wondering if it is possible to pick up the username of the user in IWP, from the network.

I could ask them for their email address, but that could cause administration tasks if they make a mistake. Its not the most efficient since their username serves as the root for their email addresse.

Can I achieve this using CWP?

Is there a better answer in FM8?

Thanks and all the best,

Richard

Thanks newbie.

I found somewhere that the publishers of fmwebschool may be incorporating this in their forthcoming IWP Powerpack third party product.

I will await their news.

Best Regards,

Richard :

Yes, we are actually demoing the IWP Power Pack for a group of developers tonight and will then release a public beta. Our first demonstration should take care of about 12 FileMaker limiations. One of them is a detail log of visitors and ip addresses :

• 1 month later...

Hey Steve - sorry I missed the official launch of the power pack Beta. Been away for a while.

Glad to hear its coming along. Now I would be happy if the log entry (of a username) in the IWP session can be popped into the record in the server file, or when I later export the data to a more secure file on the server where only the administrator will access it over the network.

Is this something that I can do with the Power Pack?

Finally when do you think the Power Pack will be available?

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I should have an update on a time frame today. We had to pass a few things through FileMaker legal which took a little time, and we had to make a few changes.

I will post an updated list of the features the first module will include.

In Kindness

Stephen Knight

• 1 month later...

Get(Accountname) works in FMP8 - though I had trouble getting it to work in a script.

I had to create a variable which called get(accountname) - example g_user = get(AccountName) - then I could happily refer to that variable in any scripts.

This topic is 6487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.