Session screwy in IWP

This topic is 6547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I may have posted in the past on this but I cannot seem to get any feedback or resolution!? Is anyone having problems with IWP's automatically created session becoming confused? For example, upon entering the IWP site, accidentally going to another user's layout's or not "sticking" within the current session? It is also happening periodically during normal routines within the IWP site, not just upon entering. ANY FEEDBACK MUCH APPRECIATED!

Your sure all your scripts use web compatible script steps?

Are you using FM or FMSA to host to IWP?

Tried backing up the file then... -->

a) compressing --> try host again

;) recovering --> try host again

...?

~Genx

My site is hosted at Point in Space on OSX Server/ machines I believe and using FMSA8. Interestingly enough, when I used Dreamweaver to ftp my db back and forth, the file was unrecognizable locally on my machine as a FMP file. The only way to open the file was by dropping it onto the FM icon. I finally wound up compressing the file and perhaps ran the Advanced tools as well which made the file recognizable as a FM file again. But of course the session problems are occuring after all that. Is there something specific you are aware of that might have happened that you suggested what you did? Thanks A LOT for the feedback!

Not really, i was just trying to get more specific information out of you so that someone else could help you out, i don't do a lot with IWP so can't help you out much. The above mentioned were just general suggestions to try and workout if you file was corrupted.

Try hosting a different file and see if you get the same results. If you do, re-install server and see if that helps, installing all updates as well.

~Genx

It's definitely not the server installation. We've received similar reports from one or two other clients on different servers here as well. Seems like it may be related to Guest access. One possible solution is to perform a commit record step before the exit application step - but that's not verified at all.

- John

did the commit step before exiting the app as part of my logout script. It seems to have worked to prevent guest users of the IWP site from entering the site on the wrong l/o or session. However it didn't prevent the session from mixing up with someone else's while performing various requests within the site.

I did submit an online notification to FMI about this issue 2 months ago, but as typical in my experience of submitting "bug" reports, it probably was auto forwarded to [email protected]

This topic is 6547 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.