missing tables (new and confused!)

flowerpot

This topic is 6546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello.

i am building a Filemaker Pro database as a volunteer for a non-profit children's theatre. I was making good progress. Then my layouts suddenly turn up with "table not found"in every field.

Yet, in the define database the tables are visable to me. Are they really gone?:) I don't know how they disappeared. Perhaps I deleted something somehow???

Is there a wayto recover this (I tried using the recover tool, but without success. I was given a duplicate database which was labeled as recovered, but the tables were still missing from the layouts).

I really hope I don't need to begin all over again. Any suggestions??? Thank you!

Also, I hope this is the right forum to post this message.

Bridget

It looks like you deleted a TO (Table Occurance) (or a Relationship) you used to create this file. Although the fields show up in other TOs, so you might get what you need by repointing your fields to a valied Table Occurance.

Lee

I'm not sure what you mean (I am a true beginner!)

by:

"Although the fields show up in other TOs,"

can you see them as usable somewhere?

and I don't know how to do this:

so you might get what you need by repointing your fields to a valied Table Occurance.

do I go to the fields as they are defined now and change them? Or do I need to re-enter them all

as a new table?

Thank you so much for your help!

Bridget

Hi Bridget:

Yes, you must reset all your fields on your "Main" layout. Just go to layout mode, double click on each field, chose the table and field you wish to display and reset it. Also, right click on the layout itself and click on layout setup and reset your table there as well. That should reset everything for you.

Al

go into Layout Mode

[color:blue]Main Menu >> Layout Setup >> Select the box that shows untitle, or someting like that, and then select the TO [color:blue]ACTORS.

This topic is 6546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.