Relationship problem

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having trouble getting related data to show up in filemaker on a layout.

picture14fm.png

The layout uses the table Baan for individual records. BOM baan Connection is a table that lists all the items from Baan but lists all their information. The tables Display Formula, and Display Packaging are used to seperately display and seperate the formula and packaging information into portals. All of that works fine, but when I place the Country name from the Country table on the screen I get a different country code for most of the items.

So for item number 410002001 It should be CN for the country code, so China. But the code that shows up is CA on the screen and Canada for the name. This isn't the case for all the items though. Any item number beginning with 05 seems to have the correct country code and name display on the screen. It has to be a relationship issue I'm just not sure how to go about fixing it because I can't see anything wrong with the way I did things...

Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like that relationship is not built on the primary key. Is there any chance that there are duplicate Component Item No Trimmed entries?

Actually I was using the wrong table reference. I had to create a relationships between Country and one of the other tables which actually displays the description. The database is messed up but that is only because the one it's pulling from is designed in the same messed up way.

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.