Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Customizing IWP_auth

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been able to customize the IWP_home.html file and place it into the folder Web Publishing/IWP/ on a XServe running Mac OS X. However, I am unable to get the server to point to a customized version of IWP_auth.html (which is in the same folder as the IWP_home.html file). Instead, the default version is used. Hence, I was wondering if there is any means of getting the IWP server to use the customized version of IWP_auth instead of the default version.

The iwp_auth.html file is in the FM Web Publishing.app package. Right-click on the file and choose 'show package contents' dig in there a ways and look for a iwpres folder. The file is in there... just keep a copy of the original and put any modified version in it's place.

I tried writing to the iwpres folder, but it doesn't seem to allow me to modify any of the files (I am thinking it is a file permission problem, but so far I can't be able to change the permission settings). Did anyone manage to write to that folder, and if so how?

I have been able to drag copy a modified iwp_auth.html file into the package and it worked on the client version of OSX. On XServe running OSX Server the OS may present a permissions problem that is different.

I had a similar problem (couldn't get FMSA8 to recognize my custom iwp_home file). I ended up just modifying the one inside the package. This was on a regular version of OSX 10.4

After hacking around the IWP, I finally figured it out. In Mac OS X Server, the permissions for the FM Server package must be changed to one's profile (for me it was easy given that I am the administrator) and allow for "read & write" so that any of the internal items can be modified. As an extra step (which I found out is optional), the same is applied to the folder containing the files to be modified after the contents have been revealed.

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.