Issue with reports

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am currently trying to figure out how to add up the number of records with a specific field that is greater than 2.

picture26qv.png

The first field with the "?" and then a few numbers is the field. I want to count the fields that are greater than 2. I am completely new to creating reports like this in filemaker. I have been working with filemaker creating application for the pst 6 months so I am familiar with how to use filemaker in general. I am wondering what the best way to go about getting this number? I also need to then count up the number of records per sub-vendor and then take that number and divide the number of records greater than 2 by that number. It would be simple of I was doing this outside of a report but I don't know how these sub summaries work and I'm having trouble finding good documentation on how these reports work.

edit: I should also say that it seems to be counting up some of the fields greater than 2. I have another field that checks if that number is greater than 2 or not and then sets the field to 1 if it is, then I use a summary field to add up all the 1's. It doesn't seem to be adding up all of them though. There are something like 14 1's and the summary says 9.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.